12/7/09 – 12/11/09
Hours worked: 8
Total Hours Worked: 75
Week 14 Journal
This week was the most productive week of work. I was able to shadow my advisor, Mackenzie Kantruss in court. He was defending a guilty convict who committed fraud and pretending to be a contractor without a license. Mr. Kantruss worked out a plea bargain which allowed the convict not to go to jail, but he has to pay back all the money he took away from those families.
I have also found a lot of new sites and statistics that I can use in my upcoming project. My project is turning out to be a success and I am very proud at the moment. Also when I went to Circuit Court with my advisor, I witnessed multiple events such as:
1. Someone was arrested in court
2. Convicts were brought from local jails to be tried
3. How the courts work and all the preparation that a lawyer has to do
4. How a judge rule depending on how good of a job both lawyers do and the evidence presented in the court
5. The arguments both lawyers make to prove their points.
Finally, next week I will be able to research more topics and relate them to my overall project.