My name is Emily Schultheis; I am currently a junior at Glenelg HS.  I have benefited from three consecutive years of the Independent Research/Mentorship Programs.  In previous years, I dedicated much of my creative energy to scientific research, particularly in robotics and optical engineering.  I began competing in science fairs in fourth grade and have continued to participate every year since.  My sophomore project, Negative Feedback on an Autonomous Optically-Guided Robotic Arm, was recently awarded the First Division Grand Prize in Physical Sciences at the Baltimore Regional Science Fair.  Consequently, I was honored to compete in the largest student science competition in the world: Intel's International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) held in Reno, Nevada 2009.

From an intense study of the traditional sciences, I hoped to develop an understanding and appreciation for the scientific element and thought process.  I have now decided to explore a different and equally compelling aspect of human ingenuity: artistic expression. 

For more information on my previous work, please visit the sites below: