My name is Gwyn Pettit and I am a senior at Glenelg High School. For my mentorship project I have been working with my father, Steve Pettit, his company Pettit Development LLC, and our family's property management group, Pettit Managment Services. 

G/T Intern/Mentor Program Description
The G/T Intern/Mentor Program is a college-level course in which students design an original research study or creative production. Students study off-campus with a professional mentor in a self-selected area of interest. Student research or creative production focuses on contributing new knowledge to the field of study. The G/T resource teacher facilitates classroom and internship experiences, focusing on advanced- level research methodologies and college- level writing and oral presentation skills. At the mentor site, students apply the knowledge and skills they have learned in an authentic, professional environment. Interested students contact the G/T resource teacher to secure an application and schedule an interview. Placement decisions are contingent upon the availability of mentors in the specific field of study.