1. How did you get interested in the study of health and exercise science?  In college as a sophomore when I took my first exercise physiology class.
  2. What do you read or stay updated on order to stay current in your study of health and exercise science?  Lots of journals – like Circulation, American Journal of Cardiology, Medicine and Science in Sport and Exercise.
  3. Do you belong to any associations that have to do with health, exercise, or life extension? If so, what are they and do they have a newsletter or website that I could look at to help my research?  American College of Sports Medicine, American Heart Assocation have great websites.
  4. Do you know of any websites that may have helped you in your field of study that could also help me in exploring health and life extension?  Center for Disease Control, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute.
  5. Are there any other people you know that are in the same field of study as your own that I could possibly interview in the future?  Sure, lots of colleagues at my University or around the country.
  6. Have you authored any published material such as books or articles?  If so, where can I find access to them?  Have published a book with Human Kinetics Publishers called “Coronary Artery Disease:  Essentials of Prevention and Rehabilitation Programs”.  Authored more than 50 journal articles – you can get a list by going to website called “pubmed”  and searching for PH Brubaker.
  7. Is there any basic material about my topic that I have not already covered that I should know?  If so, were can I find information on it?  Not that I can think of.
  8. Do you think it would be important for me to know another language in studying this topic of health and life extension?  If so, which do you recommend?  Well, I don’t know another language and it has not limited me.  I would however like to speak another language and Spanish would probably be most useful.  Perhaps Chinese may be more important in the future.