“Hyperextension and ballet.” Wandering Apricot. N.p., 4 July 2008. Web. 15 Sept. 2009. <apricot.wordpress.com...‌2008/‌07/‌04/‌hyperextension-and-ballet/>.

This source is a dance forum in which dancers who struggle with hyperextension share their experiences with the issue. One dancer who commented on hyperextension claimed to know specialists in this area who said that most people who suffer from hyperextension are fine as long as they use their legs normally. However, the dancer also said that the specialists recommended that she quit dance because of the injuries that might be caused by hyperextension of her knees. Unfortunately, quite a few dance teachers encourage hyperextension due to the fact that the legs appear to be more straight and the lines that are created are gorgeous.  According to many dancers, especially those who commented on this forum, one of the largest problems with having hyper-extended knees is finding the right spot where you can stand with your knees straight but not locked. Also, two dancers advised those with hyperextension to strengthen the quadriceps because that will significantly help in the effort of supporting the knees. 

I found this source to be somewhat helpful. Quite a bit of the information within the forum was not new to me. However, I did not know that in order to support your knees most effectively, the quadriceps must be very strong. Therefore, this article did help me in broadening my knowledge of what dancers with hyperextension can do to help prevent injuries.