Share This:    Delicious Bookmark   Digg Bookmark   Diigo Bookmark   Facebook Bookmark   LinkedIn Bookmark   MySpace Bookmark   StumbleUpon Bookmark   Twitter Bookmark

I am interning at The Lazarus Foundation and have been since June of 2009.

The Lazarus Foundation is a community-based non-profit computer refurbishing organization located in Columbia, Maryland ruled tax-exempt by the Internal Revenue Service under I.R.C. 501(c)(3).

-The Lazarus Foundation

Primarily I have been refurbishing computers and testing other computer peripherals. I have also been involved in several PCs4Kids workshops which have been hosted with the Bright Minds Foundation; in these workshops high school volunteers come to mentor at least one family, who is receiving a computer, to ensure that the students and parents or legal guardians know how to use basic functions of the computer and how to setup the computer at home. 

I have always been interested in how things work and because of how complex computers are I became fascinated by them. To satisfy this fascination I want to become a computer engineer and my experiences at The Lazarus Foundation have provided me with a wealth of knowledge about computers. Being at The Lazarus Foundation has provided me with many skills that I will be able to develop further and use for the rest of my life.

Feel free to contact me through the form below.