This year, I was a member of the marketing committee. I enjoyed being a part of this particular committee because my mentorship project was about marketing. At the first marketing committee meeting, we discussed goals for the year and developed ideas to promote the program. I contributed ideas about potential promotional projects and strategies to increase awareness of and interest in the program. Most of my contribution to the committee occurred before and during class sign-up time because the committee's goal was to market to students so that they signed up for the program next year. This year, the committee was divided into four sub-groups: announcements, display case, Facebook, and holiday tree. I signed up for the announcements and display case groups. Although I was not part of the Facebook group, I discusses potential strategies with Alyssa because my I had knowledge about promoting through Facebook because my mentorship project, this year, was about promotion through Facebook. The announcements group applied for a scrolling announcement because the administration would not allow a video or extended advertisement to be included on the announcements in order to promote a class. I immediately replied to the email which asked what days were best to decorate the display case. When the actual day was selected, I could not attend on that specific day, so I told Alyssa or Maria that I had a previous commitment. I submitted a photo from my mentorship site and a photo with my mentor for the display case. I also attended the mentorship interest night and discussed my project with potential future mentorship students. Throughout the beginning of the year, I encouraged juniors to apply for the mentorship program. I presented my project to my Music Theory class and Mr. Ashcraft and I promoted the program at this presentation. I told several people specifics about my mentorship site because I thought they would enjoy interning with Mrs. von Rautenkranz next year. I hope that my marketing committee contribution contributed to the increase in the number of mentorship applications received for the 2011-2012 year.