Product Execution Analysis

Kathy Smith

My product will be: My product will be a cross country obstacle that will be used by everyone, including all visiting riders or competitors, at Waredaca Farm. The jump will use the frangible pin system to ensure the safety of all riders who use a jump of this level.

Materials I will need: To make this jump I will need the actual pin system to incorporate into the jump, as well as the wood needed to make the base and rails of the jump. In addition to the raw materials I will need the help of Mr. Ryan to help me construct the jump and make sure all the dimensions and measurements are correct.

Where I will get these materials: I will get these materials from Mr. Ryan as he will provide the wood and help needed to construct the jump. To get the pins I will have to either order them or find a place to buy them.

What human resources will you need to complete your product: I need the help of Mr. Ryan to make the actual jump and put it together as well as the owner of the farm to help me figure out when to use the jump as well as where to place it at the farm.

What steps must you take, from its inception to its reality, to produce your product: I will need to plan out what I want the jump to look like, figure out all of the appropriate dimensions and measurements, and then give the plan to Mr. Ryan and help him build it.

Who is going to use your product? How will they use it: All riders and/or competitors who come to Waredaca Farm will be able to utilize the jump and practice appropriate safety precautions.

Why do you think this product is viable: I think my product is going to be extremely useful because riders will not only get to experience a safety jump that might prevent serious injury, but also get to spread the word about safety and how it pertains to eventing, hopefully making the sport safer for all competitors.