I am senior at Wilde Lake High School working on software development projects. This is my first year in the intern mentorship program. The previous two years, I was enrolled in the independent research program. I have been taking classes in Johns Hopkins University Engineering for Professionals program for the past year. Last year, I took the AP Computer Science AB exam. I have taken the following courses in computer science:

• Introduction to Programming Using Java (Fall 2008)
  • Data Structures (Spring 2009)
  • Object-Oriented Programming with C++ (Summer 2009)
  • Discrete Mathematics (Fall 2009)
  • Foundations of Algorithms (Spring 2010)

I have worked with many programming languages. I have worked extensively with and am fluent in Java, C, C++ and Python.

The summer of 2009, I interned at the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory with Brian Whipple on blue pill virus detection. We created a number of applicable solutions that worked at detecting the presence of the virus on a computer.

The summer of 2010, I interned again at the JHU Applied Physics Laboratory with Mark Thober working on enterprise software for virus and malware detection. I worked on maintenance of the existing system and diagnostics software.

This year, I am again interning at the JHU APL, this time working with Mark Byrkit on network defense solutions for naval ships. I am also teaching myself the Objective-C programming language in order to program of iOS enabled devices (iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch).

Please feel free to visit my website.