Nigel: A Scrabble Player
Nigel is a computer based Scrabble opponent. Nigel will attempt to your find best Scrabble move based on a given board and tile set, using more advanced intelligence than simply the best Scrabble move. Currently, Nigel is not as good as world-class programs such as Quackle and Maven though I am trying to improve it to compete at their level. I am also working on using Nigel to make a flexible and easy to use Scrabble analysis tool.
- Generation of all possible Scrabble plays
- Intelligent selection of Scrabble play: not just by score.
- Attractive graphical user interface.
- Scalable threading: Nigel will generate an execution thread for each CPU core and make it as fast as possible on a given computer.
- Built in Java 1.5 SE
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) built in Java Swing Framework