8/28 – 9/22/09

For the first three weeks we discussed many dimensions about good research. We discussed the process, and used a visual organizer. Good scholarly research should answer a question, built on the body of knowledge, and address a need or audience. We designed weekly schedules and identified time that can be used for independent research. We identified that good research requires creativity, passion, and imagination.

In addition to work done in class, I have also identified an advisor, Dr. James Morgan. I first spoke with him about the program while at a church event. I sent him an e-mail about the program later last week, and what his responsibilities he would have as my mentor. He agreed to be my mentor. I look forward to working with him, as he is extremely experienced in this field. Mr. Ashcraft, Dr. Morgan, and myself are going to meet next Monday at school around five o’clock to discuss the program. Dr. Morgan and I have discussed making a program that involves Sudoku problems.